Apply to be a Proctor
Who are Proctors and what do they do?
The position of a University Proctor is both an honor and a great responsibility. Proctors are student staff members who work under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Students, the Assistant Directors of Residential Life, Area Coordinators and the Head Proctors to create civil and respectful residential environments that enhance student academic experiences. Proctors plan and promote educational and social programs in their dorms, enforce dorm policies and regulations, oversee the Assistant Proctors, and serve as leaders throughout the campus community. Students are eligible for the position of Proctor in their junior and senior years.
Please read the detailed Job Description and FAQ below:
Applications for Proctor positions during the 2014-2015 school year are currently closed.
Check back for more information about applying to be a Proctor during the 2015-2016 school year in January, 2015.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Members of the class of 2015 and 2016 who are full-time students in good academic standing.
- Students who have a grade point average of at least 2.25 for the preceding two semesters.
- At the time of appointment, students must be in good standing for conduct and maintain a good conduct record throughout the duration of the appointment period.
What's in it for me?
- Excellent opportunities to develop leadership and organizational skills.
- Proctors will receive full room remission for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Second year proctors will receive an additional $250 stipend per semester.
- Gownsmen status at the University.
- Guaranteed single room.
- Exemption from bicycle and vehicle registration fees.
How does the selection process work?
Students interested in a Proctor position should submit:
Online Proctor ApplicationAPPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR.
- Resume (For help with your resume please call the Office of Career Services at ext. 1121)
- A cover letter (no more than one single-spaced page)
- Three completed recommendation forms
Please print the recommendation forms and have them completed by the appropriate people.
Upon receipt of a complete application, applicants will be contacted to schedule an individual interview. All application materials must be received by 5:00pm on Friday, February 7, 2014.