Winter Break Closing Checklist
All dorms and houses close at 12:00 noon on Wednesday, December 18 and open for the spring semester at 12:00 noon on Sunday, January 12.
Locks and key scans will be changed during the break. A member of dorm staff will go through all the rooms in the dorms and houses at noon on the 18th to lock room doors and close for the semester. Any normal policy violations found in rooms will also be noted.
Please contact Res Life for any questions: 931-598-1446 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before leaving for break, please complete the following checklist:
- Take out your trash and recycling. $10 fine for not complying.
- Wash any dirty dishes (Return any items belonging to the dorm/house to the kitchen)
- Clean out any food that belongs to you in the dorm/house kitchen fridge/freezer
Unplug and defrost your personal refrigerator. $25 fine for not complying.
Do this by unplugging the fridge, opening the door and placing a towel under it. Throw away any perishable food.
- Unplug all appliances and electronics in your room
- Collect all of your belongings from the laundry room
- Take home important medications, passports, chargers, or other items you will need during break.
Clean/remove all belongings from your bathroom sink and shower.
The custodians do a deep cleaning over break and it is helpful if there are not bottles, razors, loofahs, or other items in the shower or on the counters.
- Secure your bike to the bike rack or in your room
- Close and lock your windows—shut the blinds
- Turn off the lights in your room.
Lock your room door and take your key with you
All room doors will be locked by the dorm staff during break.